Tuesday, June 27, 2017

WOW how am I already halfway through my mission?! I feel like
Christmas was yesterday and that I'm only 2 months old. Ahhhhhh that's
so weird. Christmas is in 6 months again! Hahah wow time flies. I
don't even know what to say.
Bueno. I have learned SO much from these past 9 months serving the
Lord 24/7. And I am so excited for the next 9 months to come!!

Mission-wise: I have a lot more experience than I did 9 months ago,
that's for sure! I'll admit there are definitely still times where I
don't know what to do when we are teaching or talking to someone, but
the cool thing is that I have learned to get out of the way and just
let the Spirit talk! That's the key to everything. I am so weak and
unqualified but the Lord has molded me and used me in His hands to
make me strong!! (Alma 26:12)

Language-wise: hahah I definitely know more Spanish than I did a year
ago. It's good but hard at the same time to be speaking Spanish in
Utah because everything is in English and I'm not immersed in a
Hispanic culture. But it's good at the same time because it forces me
to practice using English and Spanish at the same time so I have
gotten pretty good at translating! Also it has happened multiple times
this week where I've been trying to explain something in English and I
said some things in Spanish without even noticing it haha I always get
some confused looks and then realize that Spanglish isn't spoken by
everyone...whoops :)) Also! I have been getting a lot of compliments
on my Spanish lately so I guess that's good! Haha especially this week
when we have been talking to people on the street or in the doorway,
as soon as I start saying something they look at me super surprised
and say something like "woah where did that come from??" Hahah it's
fun. The gift of tongues is so real!!

And I've grown so much in so many other ways! I have a deeper and
stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and other Gospel and
doctrinal topics, I have learned to be more Christ-like, I have
practiced more patience, I have learned about so many different
cultures, and, most importantly, I have learned how to truly trust in
the Lord in everything and to love His children. I love this mission
so much!! Everyone always asks how I felt about getting my call to
serve here and it is weird sometimes being surrounded by so many
members, but there is SO much work to do as well. We are strengthening
the home stakes of Zion!! It makes me really sad to meet so many
less-active people here as well. There are less members than one would
think! But especially being part of the Hispanic culture has been
incredible. I feel like I have already traveled the world! I love
these people with my whole heart and I wouldn't want to be anywhere
else in the world right now. Missions are the best!! We come home
everyday and collapse on the ground but our hearts are full and we are
so happy. It's an honor to be a soldier in the Lord's Army in these
last days!!! <3

-------------
This week was also super good :) We saw lots of miracles and met lots
of new people!!
On Thursday we met the mother of a member in our ward who just came
from Mexico a couple weeks ago, and we had a lesson with her! She is
only visiting her daughter until mid-July?? But she has talked with a
lot of missionaries before. There isn't a church building in her
little town in Mexico (that she knows of) so she hasn't really been
able to progress over there, but she has come to church every week
since she has been here! Well, we got to know her and taught her a mix
of the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. We had no idea where that lesson was going to go, but the
Spirit was so strong and took over right away in order for us to say
what she needed to hear. Wow, I love living the promise that "when our
mouths are opened they shall be filled!" I testify that that is true.
This sister, Etelvina, is also incredibly humble and prepared and,
don't worry, we are on the search for a Church meeting house in her
little village! And when she receives a confirmation to what she needs
to do, she will be baptized on July 1st! We are praying that she will
accept the confirmation that she already received that night. She even
gave the closing prayer and said that she is so thankful that God sent
us there to open her heart and asked Him to help her know if this is
the path that He has for her. We are so excited for her!!

This week in my personal studies I learned so much! One of my favorite
scriptures that I found is 2 Corinthians 4, verse 3. It says, "But if
our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost." This scripture is
so simple, but so profound! There are people in the world that don't
even know that they are missing something! Therefore, it is even more
important to talk to as many people as we can because the blessings of
the Gospel are endless and for everyone!

Also a funny story from the week: We are teaching a young couple from
Mexico and they have a 5 year-old girl and baby boy. This little girl
is so so precious and she loves Disney (so naturally we are already
friends :)) and she loves dressing up like Belle or Ana or Elsa. So
one day we went by and I had two braids in my hair, and my companion
was like (to this little girl) "look it's Ana!" (At me) and the little
girl was like "Ah! Yes!!!" Hahah it was so cute (shout-out to Tricia
aka Princess Ana :) everyone thinks I look like Princess Ana now too
hahah #dreamcometrue)

Lots of love and prayers from SLC!!
Have a great week!

Hermana Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment