Monday, June 5, 2017

Buenas tardes!!

This week went by so fast again! The days feel slow sometimes, but it
was a good week :) Top eight highlights:

1) Aldair Diaz Martinez, age 10, was baptized on Saturday!!! That was
our 5th baptism of the transfer and we still have one more week and
someone planning on being baptized this Saturday as well, so hopefully
we can make that 6! Aldair's baptism went really well, though! Our
recent convert, Aurelio (who was baptized in January), baptized him!
It was his first time! He was a little nervous and didn't get it right
until the third time, but it was really special for both of them. I'll
send pics!

2) We started teaching our Bishop's brother!!! Wow this was a miracle.
So, as you all know, the Bishop's parents just got baptized a couple
weeks ago and they were waiting to do it then so that their other son
(who is not a member) could be there as well. Well, their other son,
Jose Gregorio finally arrived from Venezuela and was at their baptism
with his wife and two kids. He has always been very against the
church, but he cried throughout the entire baptism. His heart was so
touched! He said himself that he wanted to go back to Venezuela as
soon as possible because he didn't want to come here and be converted
by everyone. Well, we've been trying to talk to him since the day he
got here, and we haven't been able to catch him or his family at a
good time. But yesterday we went over there for dinner (with Bishop's
whole family--which is basically half of the ward) and Jose Gregorio
joined us for the spiritual message! We shared the video "Dare to
Stand Alone" (mainly for Adnerys and Jose who are new members) and
afterwards, Jose went off on his own message about the Bible and John
the Baptist and how he's noticed that our church is the only church
that baptizes the exact same way that Jesus was baptized! Anyway, we
talked some more and he accepted a Book of Mormon and he said he is
going to read the chapter we left for him AND he said that we can come
back and teach their whole family another day!!! AH this family will
take some time, but I am so pumped for them!!

3) We tried some yummy Chilean food this week! @Spence get hype!!
Chilean food is the best. And you will be fed very well so make sure
your pants can stretch! ;)

4) Sister Johnson taught me how to make homemade scones! They're
really good. We made some apple cinnamon ones! Dad, you would be proud
:)

5) Happy Memorial Day today! We made some red-white-and-blue fruit
salad just like home! God bless America. 🇺🇸

6) We taught some lessons and met some new people and almost died of
heat stroke but I love summer!! I already have a watch tan hahah

7) This week I also finished the Book of Mormon! I love that book with
my whole heart and I know that it is the true word of God. I also
started reading Doctrine and Covenants this week and I love it so much
as well! One of my favorite sections is Section 15. John Whitmer
inquires of the Lord of "that which would be of most worth" unto him.
I love the Lord's answer in verse six! "And now, behold, I say unto
you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be
to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto
me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father." That's
the most important thing that we can do! Declare repentance and bring
souls unto Christ!! And I can't wait to rest with them in heaven
someday—it will truly be a glorious reunion.

8) On Wednesday we ate with this family from Mexico and they have
actually fed us every week and it is the best Mexican food ever. The
first time she made us flautas/tacos duros! Sister Lopez made me those
one time and it's just chicken in a tortilla that is fried. The second
time we had sopes! Those are hard to explain, you'll have to google
that one haha. And this week it was mole enchiladas! Ahhh que ricos
todos. I'm so blessed.


Sorry I didn't have time for long stories today, I will share more
miracles next week!!

Happy Memorial Day and happy June this week!!

Con amor,

Hermana Daniels <3

No comments:

Post a Comment