Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hi all!!
WOW waaaay up, I feel blessed!! This week has been another incredible
week in Riverton, UT. We baptized two incredible people on Saturday,
and will be baptizing two more this Saturday!! :) Also we found lots
of new people to work with and three of our investigators came to
church, as well as three more that haven't been taught in forever! Que
bendecidas somos. Also one of our recent converts bore his testimony
in Sacrament meeting for the first time and it was beautiful. Also we
have food for days and literally everyone has paid for our meals this
week. Also we live literally right next to our church building so we
walk to church and on two separate occasions, someone has pulled over
on the side of the road and asked us if we need a ride. Hahah these
people are so sweet.

SO some highlights of the week:

1) Fabrizio's Baptism!! Fabrizio is 23 and from Peru! This baptism was
so beautiful. The Spirit was so strong and it was super special. Also
Fabrizio's friend came who is from Brasil and gave a talk on the Holy
Ghost! It was in straight Portuguese! (Shout-out to Trevor) I didn't
understand everything he said, but it was really cool and I was able
to pick up bits and pieces that sounded like Spanish! I can't remember
if I told y'all his conversion story, but I will summarize it again
real quick. So he had been meeting with the sisters for a while before
I got here. Like he started taking the lessons back in February I
think? Anyway, he was never really sure what to do and had known it
was true since he got here, but never accepted his answer. Then the
second day that I was here in Riverton, he called us and asked if he
could talk to us. In the lesson we had with him, he told us that that
morning he decided that it was time and that he wanted to be baptized
as soon as possible. !!! God had been working with him little by
little and his time was now. :)

2) Paolo's Baptism!! Paolo is 17 and from Nicaragua/Costa Rica! His
baptism was incredible as well. Wow just an entire day full of the
Spirit!! He is living with his aunt and uncle here in Utah and his
uncle was the one that baptized him. After he baptized Paolo, they
gave each other a super long hug and as Paolo turned to leave the
font, his eyes were full of tears and his smile was as big as ever. It
was so precious. This is the Lord's work!!! He is preparing His
people! Paolo used to be Atheist and denied God because of some hard
experiences in his life, but he was so prepared and accepted the
Gospel right away and now knows that he is home. ❤️

3) Fun fact: Our area overlaps the Orem mission! (Our Spanish area--
their English area) We are the most southern part of the mission and
border branches from Lehi and Saratoga Springs haha-- so weird! But it
gets weirder. So Riverton/Bluffdale are basically in the middle of
nowhere and we have this one investigator that is super far up in the
mountains and whenever we go there we can see the entire Salt Lake
valley from the top! Also.....we can see the Y mountain. Ahhhhhhh I
cried inside. Also I took a picture of it today but it was super
cloudy by the mountains so you can't even see it in the picture ://
but I can see it in real life! Hahah also we can see downtown SLC and
all three temples that are in our mission. Nice.

4) Word of the Week: Paleta. It means popsicle! And the most delicious
popsicles from Michoacán, Mexico!! They are SO good. Get the ones that
are coconut flavored! The brand is called "La Michoacana." And they
are my new favorite because I like to tell everyone that I am from
Michoacán because it sounds the most like Michigan :) I think I said
this before, but people actually believe me when I say that I am! Haha
it's the best.

5) Shout-out to the Grand Rapids Ward Young Women!! Thank you so much
for the sweet letter!! That made my week!! I'm working on sending one
back! :)

Anyway, we see miracles everyday which is the absolute best, but these
were just some highlights!!

Love you all!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!! :)))

Love, Hermana Daniels


No comments:

Post a Comment