Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hola!! Feliz Pascua!! I hope you all had a great weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. :)

This week went by so fast!! I can't believe it's already mid-April!!
I honestly can't even remember what we did this week because it was so fast, haha. But we did have two exchanges and for one of them I got to go back to my birthplace in West Jordan!!! It was so great to be back. I got to see some members and some of my recent converts and even some of my old investigators too! Including my dear Lourdes. Ah, she is still super close to baptism....I think it was good for me to have a lesson with her again and to keep that first connection going. We found her back in November! I know she will get baptized soon!! <3
I love being companions with our Sister Training Leader, Hermana Alvarado, though. First of all, she is awesome. And second of all, I get to know the other hermanas a lot better. They're so great!! I love being in the Spanish Zone.

This morning was also the finals of March Madness!! We got knocked out of the tournament back in the Elite Eight, but out of the Final Four, three of the companionships were from the Spanish Zone! Unfortunately, we still lost :/ but it was an awesome experience to learn how to become master teachers!!

This week I also finished reading Alma— I didn't know I could learn so much from the war chapters, but I did! I love that about the Book of Mormon: always something new. Anyway, I love the theme through these last chapters of Alma about being prepared. There are so many examples of the importance of being prepared!! Captain Moroni, Teancum, the 2,000 Stripling Warriors, the mothers of the 2,000 Stripling Warriors, Helaman, etc. One verse in particular that I love is Alma 57:27. The Stripling Warriors were not only prepared physically to fight the Lamanites, but also mentally and spiritually! "Their minds [were] firm, and they [did] put their trust in God continually." We can't fight in this war against Satan without firm testimonies, hearts, and minds and trust that God will deliver us. But I know that He is on our side and carrying us through everyday!! I know that when we do our part and prepare ourselves for the storms of life, our firm foundation in the Gospel and Jesus Christ will help us stay strong.

(Sorry the font is weird for that part^^ I copied and pasted it from my notes)

Anyway, peace and blessings this week!! Sorry this was another short email, the time flies on p-day especially with 4 hours of March Madness in the morning....but next week will be better :) Also if you haven't seen the Prince of Peace video from the Church, I highly recommend it!! 

LOVE Y'ALL
Hermana Daniels 

P.s. 

Noel White is serving a mission??? Where in Cali?! Tell her congrats and best of luck for me!! Is Beau going on a mission? 

No comments:

Post a Comment