Monday, February 20, 2017

Buenos días mis amores!

This week was long but that's okay because it was miraculous!! God is
so good!! For personal study this morning I was reading Alma chapter
26 from the Book of Mormon and I think it summarizes very well what
this week was like.  But this chapter brought me so much
joy this morning and it was definitely an answer to my prayers. I
have actually been experimenting that this week! Praying with a
question in mind and then looking to the Book of Mormon for answers;
and every single time—without fail— I have been able to find an
answer. It might not have even been the answer I was looking for— but
God still showed me the right answer. He has so much patience with me!
:) But that's just another testimony to me that the Book of Mormon is
the word of God and the most correct book on this earth. If you didn't
know that or even if you do know that it is true, ask God again today!
I promise He will confirm the truthfulness of it to you time and time
again.

So this week!

Monday: We had a good p-Day especially because we found mango mochi
ice cream balls at the Asian Market and they are SO GOOD. Everyone
should try them. Also we had a Family Home Evening lesson with this
super awesome family. The mom is a less-active member and her husband
and 11 year-old son are not members. We had a great lesson— the Spirit
was so strong. The little boy told us he wants to get baptized, but
his mom wants his dad to get baptized first so that his dad can
baptize him. The dad has been talking with missionaries for a very
long time so he is a little more hesitant, but maybe his time to get
baptized is finally here! I'll keep y'all updated with them :)

Tuesday: Valentines Day!! "For God so loved the world, that He gave
His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not
perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16) !! Jesus loves you!
Also we had Zone Conference this day and I took too many notes to
share, but to kind of summarize it all, we need to "Pray like Enos,
Work like Nephi, and Love like Christ." Also at night our dinner
cancelled so we got to have companion date night! I made us gyoza and
Hermana Fuentes made us chicken and broccoli fettuccini:) I have a
picture of it because it was so beautiful and good haha.

Wednesday: We had an awesome district meeting! My district is the
best. Also funny story from later that night: so we went to visit this
lady and we parked outside her house and we were saying a quick prayer
before going to talk to her. Well, while we were praying, her huge cat
came over to our car and jumped on the windshield!! It gave me a heart
attack!! Hahaha I just heard this huge thump and we both looked up and
saw this fat cat walking up the front of the car and then it just sat
down on the top of the car! I was surprised the windshield didn't
break! Oh and then it started walking back down to the hood and looked
at us and I tried to scare it away from inside, and it hissed at me! I
hate cats.

Thursday: we had interviews with President and Sister Lansing! They
are my favorite people ever. I love them so much. Also this was
another long day. Probably because this week we have been testing the
Latin Schedule! I forgot to tell you all! So since we are a zone of
just Spanish speakers, President Lansing decided to have us test-run
the Latin American schedule (which is getting up at 7:30 and going to
bed at 11). Wow I never thought an extra hour to work at night would
be so exhausting! But it was hard. We found a miracle though! We
stopped by this less-active man's house at around 9:30 at night and he
was super nice! He doesn't get home from work until 9 so that was a
blessing from the new schedule! Then the next night, he texted us and
asked us if we could teach and baptize his two kids!!! It was such a
miracle!! We were feeling a little down and trying our hardest to find
miracles, but this one was given to us!! The Lord blessed us for our
hard work and perseverance and patience! And without that new schedule
we probably wouldn't have found this man or been able to gain his
trust and teach his kids. Our first lesson with his kids is tonight!!

Friday: so before we received this miracle text, we were struggling in
our area to find the Lord's Elect. We told our district leader about
it and he decided to do what's called a "blitz" in our area. This is
when our Zone leaders, district leader, and sister training leader all
come in to just our area and we "blitz" or break off into smaller
sections of our area and quadruple the work for that night! From this
experience we were able to find a lot of potential investigators and
contact more of the people we are already working with. It was great!
The Lord is so aware of us!

Saturday and Sunday it rained in the mornings but turned out to be
beautiful sunny days! We were able to find 5 new investigators this
week, thanks to the Lord! I know He is preparing specific people to
hear His gospel and we just have to be patient until His children are
actually ready to be taught. But it is nice to be able to see the
fruit of our works and to know that we really are making a difference
in Sandy :) it may be slow, but it is still moving!

I love you all!! Thank you for all of your support and love and
prayers. I have been able to feel angels lifting me up and cheering me
on this week :)

Have a good week! 


love, Hermana Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment