Friday, December 9, 2016

Wow this week was so long and hard not
having a break on Monday, but the temple was and always is so worth
it. The Oquirrh Mountain temple is soooo pretty inside and out! We
took lots of pictures but both my companion and I left our iPads in
the car soo I will get those pictures to you on Monday :) 

And sadly we still haven't had the
chance to watch the Christmas Devotional :((( I wanted to go but we
didn't plan far enough in advance to go and we ended up having a
couple lessons that night anyway...but it's okay, we can watch it
today or on Monday probably. We get to go to Temple Square as many
times as we want as long as we bring investigators!! But we can only
stay there for an hour which is really hard :/ but that means we just
get to go back more times! Haha. I have been able to go 2 times :) and
the second was actually yesterday during the day and it was dead quiet
compared to the hundreds of people there every night. Like it's insane
how many people go every single day. That would be so fun serving
there for a day! But we don't get to do that. (At least not that I
know of). 

SO this week!

1) December 1st: The Worldwide Day of Service! It was great- we spent
about two hours cleaning a less-active member's house which was
insane. She had seven children, at least four dogs, and around fifteen
birds living in one little house and she never learned how to clean.
I'll just say that I regret not taking a before-and-after picture
because it was a big difference..but it felt so good to help her and
to set that example of loving service from the missionaries. We also
made some chocolate chip cookies from scratch and gave them to our
Stake President's family and some of our investigators. Super fun!
Except also that night Sister López scared me so hard, 
she found a huge dead spider and picked it up to scare me.

2) Miracle of the (last) week! So we got a referral from a ward
mission leader in a different Stake to go visit this man named
Eduardo. When we went to his house, the first thing he said to us was
"what church are you from? I want to come! What time does it start and
where is it?" Haha we were so surprised but so excited! He is so
prepared! That night we were only able to give him a quick intro about
the church (because he was in the middle of eating dinner) so we sang
him a hymn as well and the Spirit was so strong. After that hymn he
said "God sent you here, didn't he?" ..!!! We told him "yes, yes He
did!" Ah it was so cool. Unfortunately he wasn't able to make it to
church on Sunday :/ but He is so excited to learn more about our
church and we are so excited to teach him.

3) I tried tamales for the first time! They are sooo good :) It's kind
of like lasagna rolled up in a corn husk and made of corn flour but
super good. Also I tried plátanos verdes which I was not a big fan
of...it's just a green banana that doesn't taste very good.

4) A story I forgot to tell you before: so one of the first times I
knocked on a door, I did the knock from Frozen. Completely harmless,
right? Wrong. Right when I did it Hermana López freaked out and was
like "Hermana!! Don't do that! That's a super rude thing in Mexico!"
Haha....luckily no one was home. I just wonder what Mexicans think
about the movie Frozen now..hm. Also the other day I said "BOOM
roasted" and Hermana López had no idea what that meant lol it was so
hard to explain.

5) Yesterday was exchanges round 3 and I was with another Hermana in
Draper who is only on her second transfer....it was so scary! But so
fun and definitely helpful to learn how to help her be a leader. Also
she knew about as much English as I do Spanish so that was good
practice for both of us with the language. But since we were in Draper
we got to drive by the Tree of Life!! It's this huge tree with
millions of lights and looks like the Tree of Life from Lehi's dream
in 1 Nephi 8 :) Also I confess that I ate out for the first time of my
whole mission yesterday...but the Hermana I was with wanted to
celebrate my birthday with me and buy me Chick-fil-a so of course I
accepted :)))

6) Miracle 2 of the week! So while I was in Draper, Hermana López and
Hermana King were here in West Jordan and they found a new
investigator on the street! Her name is Samalia and she's from
Venezuela and she is golden. Like she is so prepared to hear and
accept the Gospel and God brought her here to find us and she knew
that He did too. She is so awesome!!

7) The sad news...all three of our investigators that were supposed to
get baptized this weekend weren't able to come to church on Sunday :((
so now two of them are set for December 17th and one for Christmas
Eve. I'm still super excited for them though, they are all so
incredible.

The work here is so good- so hard and frustrating at times, but so
good. We have the best ward!! I love West Jordan; I don't want to
leave! But I think Sister López and I will stay here for at least one
more transfer since it is Sister López's last transfer 💔 so that's
good that we have more time here :) Thank you for all of the birthday
love and daily support as always. I LOVE YOU ALL :))))
Let me know how your Light the World calendar is going! I love sharing
that with everyone. It's so fun to do as well! And SO many
opportunities every day that we don't even notice we are doing! So
don't be afraid to go out of your way to serve someone this week and
month and year! Always :)

I'll talk to you again on Monday! Woot woot!

Have a great week!

Hermana Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment