Tuesday, November 29, 2016


WOWOWOW LET'S GO BUCKS!!!! Ahhhh what a great week, that is so
awesome! Not gonna lie, y'all had me worried all day Saturday and
Sunday because I figured someone would've emailed me if we won but no
one did and I was so scared we lost hahah. Hermana López and I run by
this one house every morning that has an Ohio State flag on their
fence and I almost knocked on their door to ask them who won this
morning but I practiced some intense patience instead hahah. WOOOOO
I'm so happy. I kinda screamed when I saw that we won hahah my
companion was slightly scared.

ANYWAY, yesss that was so fun, I was on exchanges that morning and
there's this cute elderly couple that lives with the other sisters and
they came downstairs and asked us to help them make their Thanksgiving
dinner with them. So thoughtful! And she had me make the frog eye
salad haha I told her I didn't like pineapples but she adds coconut
shavings to her frog eye salad so, yes, I had to try some. It was
good!

SO this week was super super good!! Good points and low points, though, I guess.
1.) I got your package!! And a package from Aunt Carol the same day!!
Thank you all so much! I will send a picture of our cute little
Christmas set-up :) also this lady in my ward gave me a cute little
Christmas tree too and she's like "you better keep that for next
Christmas too" hahahah she's hilarious I love her.

2.) On Wednesday we had a special Spanish Zone Conference with visits
by 3 Area 70 Authorities! Elder Zwick, Elder Salinas, y Elder Becera.
It was SO good. They were super enthusiastic and inspirational and
they said that there have been 450,000 New Mexicans just in the Salt
Lake valley these past 10 years? Maybe less? And that was just from
Mexico! And they are all coming here because they are prepared to here
the Gospel NOW and that is so cool. They challenged us to bring 100
investigators/members/less-active members to the special Spanish
devotional on December 17th at the Conference Center. Ah! We can do
it. :) But they really stressed that the Lord is definitely hastening
His work everywhere and especially in Salt Lake because like it says
in the scriptures, these people will come to know the teachings of
their fathers! Super cool.

3.) Wednesday night was my first "exchange" which means I just get a
new companion that is from my Zone for 24 hours. That night we had
some stellar lessons! One in particular was with this one family that
just moved here from Chile about 3 weeks ago. The Spirit was just so
strong with them and I could tell that they were definitely prepared
to hear the Gospel. We taught them the Restoration and I invited all
of them to be baptized! And they all accepted!! Ahhhh it was super
awesome. I love them already and I only met them once. If they still
get baptized, I will definitely go back to Riverton to see that.

4.) THANKSGIVING :) hahah I don't think I will eat another thing for
the rest of my mission. Like no joke I felt like I had a octuplet food
baby. We had 3 dinners and they were all with Mexican families and
they don't let you leave until you finish the plate that THEY served
up for you which is like a mountain. Ughhh it was a real struggle. But
at the same time it was really fun. This one family gave us ham and
weird green bean casserole thing and purple beets mixed with
cauliflower which turned pink?? Idk oh and this one thing called pan
de jamón was really good. And they played some nice Mexican music in
the background with Shakira so you know it was a good time haha. And
then the next day we got more of the Thanksgiving feast from this
other lady and she made us a whole chocolate-pecan pie. Ahhhh it's so
good but so much haha ugh these people. But I am seriously so blessed
and I wish I could've given all of the left-overs we took home to
someone who actually needed it :// but it has provided lunch and
dinner for us for like the past week so we won't let it go to waste.
:)

5.) Friday we had another exchange, but this time I stayed here and
Hermana López went to Draper. Ahhh I had to be the boss-lady! It was
kind of hard but good for me at the same time and we actually ended up
teaching 4 real lessons that night! (We usually just have like 1 real
lesson and look for more referrals for every other night). The sister
I was with was Hermana King and she is a convert as of 2 years ago!
And she worked as Princess Ana at Disney World before she came on her
mission! She's awesome.

6.) Every Saturday morning we eat breakfast at our Stake President's
house. They are the best!! And we took pictures with their pretty
Christmas tree that I'll send. And at church yesterday they came to
our ward along with President Lansing and his wife! We seriously have
the best ward and stake. They call it the Celestial Kingdom of the
Utah SLC South mission :) and it really is. Also our bishop is the
best. His name is Lino Alvarez and he actually used to be an Area 70!
And he is literally President Hinckley in Hispanic form. No joke. Look
him up. He gave a talk in Conference in like 1995??

7.) Also at church one of our investigators who is on-date for baptism
didn't come :( so now he can't get baptized before this transfer is
over :// but we still have one other investigator on-date for the 10th
of December and her granddaughter (who is 8 so we can't count as a
convert-baptism) is getting baptized that day too with her!! And I
think I told you last week that we were super sad that she didn't come
to the Primary Program, but turns out they were there!!!! They snuck
in late in the back row and didn't say hi to us afterwards haha. But I
was so happy for them!! They loved it too. And this week we were
nervous that they weren't going to be there because they were late
again, but lo and behold, both of them came!! It was awesome. And
earlier last week we were going to go by their house and invite them
to go to Temple Square with us to see the Christmas lights, but we got
to their house and it was just one of their friends and she said they
were already at Temple Square that night with some friends from
California. What!? Hahah I was so sad they went without me but
overjoyed that they already knew about it and went! They are so
prepared and so awesome. I can't wait for December 10th. :)

8.) Almost every day I try something new, and this week my favorites
were the chocolate-pecan pie, these fresh empanadas this Sister made,
and this Mexican dish called "Chili relleno" ! It is sooo good.

Anyway, this week has been really good. My Spanish is coming along
well :) We picked up about four or five new investigators/contacted
referrals and they all have so much potential! I love them! There is
so much work to do here! But I love it. One of my favorite talks ever
is by Elder Holland called "Missionary Work and the Atonement" from
2000. IT IS SO GOOD. You should read it. Also "Feed My Sheep" by him
is so incredible. But anyway, he talks about the struggles of
missionary work, but kind of calls us out for complaining because
"Salvation was not a cheap experience!" He continues, "When you
struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out,
you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the
only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall
and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about
your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through
Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through
Him—the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
Ahhh goosebumps every time. This quote gets me through everything. WE
CAN DO HARD THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH US!!

I love you all so much and I challenge you to do hard things! And to
serve someone every day this December! Have you seen the new Christmas
video?! It is amazing. And I love that there is a video for every day
and every theme of service. So many people turn to the Savior during
this season and we need to help them get there! Members especially are
so key to missionary work. That is all we have been told to focus on
now. We have to go to 2 member homes a day this December and ask them
what they will be doing to serve others and use this 25 days of
service initiative. I don't know if the missionaries back home are
doing the same thing, but if not, you can still help them! We as
missionaries will be getting our own calendar of acts of service to do
that actually  follow mission guidelines so we will be serving every
day with you! Haha unfortunately we can't do things like donate blood
or call home....hah but I think I will donate my hair again :)

And if you haven't seen the #LighttheWorld video, go watch it on Mormon.org!
:):):)
and sorry this email was so long haha
LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND HAPPY DECEMBER!!! (on Friday)

<3, Hermana Daniels


 
!





No comments:

Post a Comment